Hello there. I’m an art director who’s worked on clients ranging from fast food to Presidential libraries to car dealerships. I’ve worked on campaigns or projects for planes, trains, automobiles, and boats (my old boss ran an antique wooden boat news site). I should probably find some sort of underground transportation to work on, in order to round out that set. I love learning new techniques, illustration, getting my hands dirty, and finding that little nugget of truth in any campaign I work on. I am dedicated to a fault—I bike to work every day, rain, sleet, snow, heat, or frigid temperatures.
I’m one of those rare DC unicorns who is actually from DC. When I’m not working, I’m running, biking, or offsetting the running and biking by cooking and eating. I also spend inordinate amounts of time with my very handsome dog.
Even though I prefer a conversation over a cup of coffee, here’s my resume:
Subject Matter, Washington, DC May 2014—Present
- Honed my craft in a high-pressure, fast-paced office.
- Led teams of art directors, designers, and web developers.
- Worked independently and in creative teams to lead, concept, present, develop, and produce 360º campaigns and individual advertisements.
- Clients include: John F. Kennedy Library and Museum, American Association of Railroads, Nestlé, American Speech and Hearing Association, American Jewish Committee, Bloomberg Philanthropies, Johns Hopkins University, Toyota.
HAVIT ADVERTISING, Washington, DC July 2012—May 2014
- Promoted from Junior Art Director.
- Worked independently and partnered with copywriter to work on projects including websites, 360º campaigns and direct mail.
- Oversaw several projects from start to finish—from concepting to design to production.
- Leader of intern program.
- Clients include: National Geographic, Sprout, Convergent Wealth Management, Monument Realty, Arlington Community Federal Credit Union, SoBran, Inc.
SMITHGIFFORD, Falls Church, VA Jan 2010—July 2012
- Designed and built the company website.
- Responsibilities included designing and developing websites, microsites, blogs, banner ads, social media components, print ads, illustrations, storyboards, and collateral.
- Communicated with clients, vendors and developers.
- Clients include: National Geographic Museum, ThinkFood Group by José Andrés, Inova Health System, Identity Guard, Roy Rogers Restaurants, Brown’s Automotive Group, Middleburg Bank, Melwood, Washington Gas.
Freelance Graphic Designer
Washington, DC Metro Area Dec 2008—Present
- Designed and developed websites, print pieces, environmental/signage pieces, magazine layouts and more.
- Integrated seamlessly into creative teams and independently.
- Managed design and development projects for a variety of clients, including Abrams Learning and Information Systems, Inc., Tugrrrs, BAF Technologies, Touch 3 Communications, Alice & Louise Catering, relish DC, GardnerMills Group, LLC.
James Madison University
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design
Bachelor of Arts, English
Expert Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, WordPress, Illustration
A whole mess of Regional ADDYs
GD USA American In-House Award