Hello there. I’m an art director who’s worked on clients ranging from fast food to Presidential libraries to car dealerships. I’ve worked on campaigns or projects for planes, trains, automobiles, and boats (my old boss ran an antique wooden boat news site). I should probably find some sort of underground transportation to work on, in order to round out that set. I love learning new techniques, illustration, getting my hands dirty, and finding that little nugget of truth in any campaign I work on. I am dedicated to a fault—I bike to work every day, rain, sleet, snow, heat, or frigid temperatures.
I’m one of those rare DC unicorns who is actually from DC. When I’m not working, I’m running, biking, or offsetting the running and biking by cooking and eating. I also spend inordinate amounts of time with my very handsome dog.
Even though I prefer a conversation over a cup of coffee, here’s my resume:
Ketchum, Washington, DC | May 2019—February 2020
- Concepted, developed, and launched the AARP Member Benefits Instagram channel and stories.
- Performed independently and closely with account teams to produce work for AARP, Nestlé, Wendy’s, Carrier, 7-Eleven, Clorox, The Entertainment Software Association, Freddie Mac, Jack’s Links, and Mastercard.
Senior Art Director
SMITHGIFFORD, Falls Church, VA | August 2018—May 2019
- Concepted and developed a year-long ad campaign for the Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington DC. Interfaced and managed outside vendors, including photographers and retouchers to complete project.
- Other clients include: MyEyeDr., Dr. Stoner’s, Victor Stanley, Woody Boater, PETA, Robert Wood Johnson Health, and Children’s Hospital Foundation.
Senior Art Director
Subject Matter, Washington, DC | May 2014—August 2018
- Managed graphic designers, video producers, and web developers.
- Was client point-of-contact as well as lead creative for PAAIA (Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans).
- Concepted, produced, and managed all materials for experiential event on Capitol Hill for Association of American Railroads, including an immersive VR experience.
- Promoted from Art Director to Senior Art Director.
- Conceptualized, presented, and executed 360º campaigns and events for a diverse set of national associations and brands, including: Toyota, McDonalds, Nestlé, Bloomberg Philanthropies, Johns Hopkins University, Public Affairs Alliance of Iranian Americans, American Speech and Hearing Association, John F. Kennedy Library and Museum, Association of American Railroads, American Jewish Committee, and Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids.
HAVIT ADVERTISING, Washington, DC | July 2012—May 2014
- Implemented internship program, hired and managed creative team interns.
- Promoted from Junior Art Director to Art Director.
- Worked independently and collaboratively to produce websites, 360º campaigns and direct mail for clients including: Comcast, National Geographic, George Washington’s Mount Vernon, Sprout, Convergent Wealth Management, Monument Realty, Arlington Community Federal Credit Union, and SoBran, Inc.
SMITHGIFFORD, Falls Church, VA Jan 2010—July 2012
- Designed and developed websites, blogs, banner ads, social media, print ads, illustrations, storyboards, and collateral.
- Communicated with clients, vendors, and developers.
- Clients include: National Geographic Museum, ThinkFood Group by José Andrés, Inova Health System, Identity Guard, Roy Rogers Restaurants, Brown’s Automotive Group, Middleburg Bank, Melwood, and Washington Gas.
James Madison University
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design
Bachelor of Arts, English
Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, CSS, WordPress, Illustration